The Shutze Driving Tours from the Institute of Classical Architecture Classical America Southeast Chapter are missing.
Atlanta's fastest growth came in the suburban age, the age of edge cities.We don't have blocks and blocks of beautiful turn of the century town-homes and commercial buildings.We do have some! Many have connections to a Atlanta's own extraordinarily talented and productive Philip Trammell Shutze. So in anticipation of the 2010 Shutze Awards (here's my post about the 2009 awards), I'm blogging about the many Shutze structures that are a regular part of my life. Taking a close look has been quite a joy.
I recommend American Classicist: The Architecture of Philip Trammell Shutze by Elizabeth Meredith Dowling, Rizzoli 1989. This is a scholarly book that is quite good on the coffee table.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- The grout changed everything.
- Josephine and Elmira - Lady Streets of Candler Pa...
- Calder Loth's 2010 Shutze Award Notes
- Shutze's High Schools Part 1: Grady (1924)
- 2010 Shutze Award Winners for "Excellence in Tradi...
- Shutze's Peachtree Manor Apartments (1923)
- Best Shutze in small package: The Villa (ca 1920)
- Philip Shutze's Flagship Stores: Rich's and Daviso...
- C&S Bank Headquarters Renovation by Philip Shutze
- Shutze's Hidden Maternity Hospital at Crawford Lon...
- Academy of Medicine by Philip Trammell Shutze and ...
- Emory University Hospital by Philip Shutze
- The Steeple at Glenn UMC by Shutze
- Rich Memorial Building at Emory University by Phil...
- Shutze goes Greek at Emory
- Gate to Hell opens near mid-century modern in Atla...
- Shutze's Harris Hall at Emory University
- Haygood-Hopkins Gate at Emory by Philip Shutze
- Taste of Shutze at Emory
- The teardown starts rocking - big time
- Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin office abandoned...
- Peachtree at Piedmont - Zen View
- This Shutze house has connections Jefferson, Askin...
- Shutze's sparkling brick at Grady High School
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2009 (179)