I took nearly 100 pictures at Emory University, home of several Philip Shutze designs. Well, "designs" is an understatement. I hope to blog about each of them. Here are some hints:
The Haygood Hopkins Gate (1937)
Rich Memorial Building (1946)
Harris Hall (1929)
Emory University Hospital
The KA House
The Chi Phi house (now ZBT)
Glenn Memorial United Methodist Church (1931)
I'm going to the 2010 Philip Trammell Shutze Awards on February 20th in Atlanta You should too. In the run up to the awards I'm doing a batch of posts about Shutze in my "neighborhood." Let me know if you can make it.
terry @ surf303.com
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- The grout changed everything.
- Josephine and Elmira - Lady Streets of Candler Pa...
- Calder Loth's 2010 Shutze Award Notes
- Shutze's High Schools Part 1: Grady (1924)
- 2010 Shutze Award Winners for "Excellence in Tradi...
- Shutze's Peachtree Manor Apartments (1923)
- Best Shutze in small package: The Villa (ca 1920)
- Philip Shutze's Flagship Stores: Rich's and Daviso...
- C&S Bank Headquarters Renovation by Philip Shutze
- Shutze's Hidden Maternity Hospital at Crawford Lon...
- Academy of Medicine by Philip Trammell Shutze and ...
- Emory University Hospital by Philip Shutze
- The Steeple at Glenn UMC by Shutze
- Rich Memorial Building at Emory University by Phil...
- Shutze goes Greek at Emory
- Gate to Hell opens near mid-century modern in Atla...
- Shutze's Harris Hall at Emory University
- Haygood-Hopkins Gate at Emory by Philip Shutze
- Taste of Shutze at Emory
- The teardown starts rocking - big time
- Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin office abandoned...
- Peachtree at Piedmont - Zen View
- This Shutze house has connections Jefferson, Askin...
- Shutze's sparkling brick at Grady High School
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2009 (179)