Wednesday, October 15, 2008

About the Architecture Tourist

I enjoy architecture, art, and design. But who doesn't?

I'm an not a designer or architect or photographer. My career: computer programmer and computer bureaucrat.

I'm Terry Kearns
Atlanta, Georgia
404-550-7397
terry.kearns@gmail.com
Instatram @terrykearns
Blog "Architecture Tourist"
Flickr
Facebook
Twitter @terrykearns

I'm in Atlanta. It's very nice here. It's a driving town. So I try to make the most of my drives by architecture touring. I carry my little camera. If I spot something cool and if it's safe, I take a picture.

Atlanta has curves, hills, and trees. So? You'll round a curve or crest a hill and there will be something nice to see. Drive another hundred yards and it's gone.

There are many zen views of the city proper. At times your are driving in what seem to be a forest or a dense residential area. Suddenly there is a zen view of the city. It's breathtaking; then it's gone. Try Clifton Road by the CDC and you'll see what I mean.

Beauty: only skin deep. I don't get invited into many houses. So I have to settle for the street view and the setting in the landscape. Inside is where architecture can make folks feel good.

I'd be happy if you'd send me an email.

I'm the lucky guy in the blue sweatshirt:



Don't scroll past here: SCARY PICTURE of me at the old computer desk.
P5210231-Terry-Kearns-Computer
I do get out of the house from time to time, if only to lean on my shovel
PA161261-2009-10-16-CShoveling-Mud-East-Of-Reeder-Circle-Shovel-Lean
P1000098-2009-12-31-Tripod-On-Wall-Detail-Detail


DISCLOSURE POLICY
This policy is valid from 10 February 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact terry@surf303.com.

This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

8 comments:

  1. I am glad I found your blog through Julia's Friday Blog Party.
    I have wanted to be an architect since I was 14, but alas...did not (younger brother filled those shoes). I have never traveled to Atlanta so I look forward to seeing all the architecture & beauty through your eyes.

    (: deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen your comments on other blogs and wanted to say I appreciate your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your email looking up my friend Brad Heppner. We have similar interests, and I recently started a blog through my company, Revival Construction. You may enjoy it as well. I am recruting some of my friends in the design/construction industry to post other articles, and I have two more that we are about to post. Check it out www.thegeorgianrevival.wordpress.com.

    Happy Holidays

    Wright Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to my blog! I like your architectural tour of Atlanta. I have a brother down there and enjoy the city when I get a chance to visit.

    Mark Landry
    Landmark Services
    www.landmarkservices.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terry,

    I was wondering, do you ever get hassled (by security) when you are out getting shots?

    I enjoy your posts (and swear I saw you once taking pictures in front of the Georgia Pacific building).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Perry. I was hassled taking pictures of the parking lot entrance on Edgewood behind the Trust Company Building downtown. It's got some cool art deco column things. A security guard said I shouldn't. He was doing what he thought best. I didn't use the pictures. An owner of a house for sale didn't like it. I talked with him and it worked out. I remove addresses if they show.

    The web has some advice some documentation that you can print and carry around for folks that hassle you. The idea is that we are free to take pictures of about anything we can see from public property.

    I'm not the least bit interested in bothering or hassling people. I ask for permission if I think it's appropriate. I'm trying to show interesting / pretty things rather on ugly things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent way of describing, and good piece of writing to obtain data concerning my
    presentation subject, which i am going to convey in school.

    Look at my web-site; 부산오피

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive