It's gone. Here is an earlier post about it about the building. Shutze did the remodel in 1939.
Saturday, September4, 2010. The demolition guy told me that they were going to leave the lot vacant for now. It was structurally unsafe. It had been abandoned for years. I'm sure it was full of urban campers.
You can see the huge Biltmore with towers.
This was the least intimidating Shutze building, modest, comfortable for pedestrians, quirky, dignified, humane.
Did that ever feel good!
Couple of short videos.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Artist J.D. McGuire at Flux and Artist Trifecta Ga...
- Cloudy with a chance of dinner from Alon's
- Mourning the entablature, weeping for the 12 foot ...
- I walked the 4 Portman atria today
- The Mansions of Howard Street, Kirkwood, Atlanta
- Pictures from The Sartorialist's (Scott Schuman) v...
- Bloggers Geoff Manaugh, BLDGBLOG, and Nicola Twill...
- Atlanta hosts 3 world class bloggers - Wed 9-15 an...
- Terminus 100 - Skyscraper or Space Communication D...
- Problem with scale - my brain can't process this.
- Atlanta's Downtown First Thursdays ArtsWalk is not...
- Torn Down: Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin offic...
- Paris-based Remed does painting on 11-story Atlant...
- The Crystal Palace Costco at Town Brookhaven
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (179)