Hooked on Houses is hosting her "Hooked on Friday's" blog party: I'm hooked on a helping Jeff and family. Please tell Jeff and me what you think. Jeff's doing new shutters as part of a general exterior spiff up.
He's done one window (lower right) for the whole neighborhood to see. The opinions are rolling it. I PhotoShopped the rest of the windows.
Opinions are divided about colors but not about Gordon's design of the new beefy shutters. They are in scale with the windows, unique in the neighborhood, and show up the puny old black ones. Here is the Photoshopped version. What do you think?
What about the side?
I'm not sure all the side windows need shutters. Or, maybe the middle windows need flower boxes - a decisions best left to the design scientists?
Jeff is building the shutters and the hardware himself. Here he is with Copper and a project he did for us - a base with legs for what we call our "thing." Jeff is the one standing on his hind legs.
The "thing" with legs. Thanks Jeff.
Here is more of the "thing" story and a couple more pictures. But that's another story.
Thanks so much,
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Videos: Drawing the Classical: The Mouldings and t...
- Graduation Party
- Fresh blogging air
- Brilliant Regent, Inspiring King, Dixon and Pak
- Memorial Day tribute to Jig and Mac
- Pictures from the Castleberry Art Stroll, May 2009...
- Jeff's Shutters
- Pictures from the Duck Pond Garden Tour 2009
- pb&j gallery on a rainy Kirkwood Day
- Duckpond Garden Tour and Modern Atlanta Home Tour ...
- Starter Home $368/square foot
- Dignity on Peachtree
- Mary Mac's - Barometer of Intown Health?
- Lora Groton Rust - Ceramic Designs Studio Show
- Foyers - wasted space, psychologcal boost, or what...
- Robert Neuwirth: The "shadow cities" of the future...
- ▼ May (16)