Welcome to J.D. McGuire. He's down from New York as a Flux artist. In the meantime he's doing a one week one-man show at Artist Trifecta Gallery.
The Artist Trifecta Gallery reception was last night. It was the scene for Blayne Beacham's first big show. There was a quiet excitement about Flux this Friday, the oddest art event in Atlanta's oddest neighborhood. How big, how fun, how odd? Who knows, but the Architecture Tourists will be there.
Here is Artist Trifecta grand commandress Amanda Brown with J.D. His work: strange collages, spooky, witty, not too serious, requires a lot of looking to take in.
Artist Trifecta is a cool space in a a cool building in a cool neighborhood.
Some silliness was involved but we shouldn't blame Nora Wiley, owner of Wine Shoe who provided refreshments. She was just doing her job.
I really, really like J.D.'s sculptures out of corrugated cardboard. Here is "One Quarter Self Portrait."
"The Hat Makes The Man or The Man Makes The Hat"
See you at Flux, OK? J.D. will be projecting in the Courtyard of Castleberry Point Lofts. Say hello. Take advantage of Wine Shoe while you are there.
- ► 2014 (48)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Artist J.D. McGuire at Flux and Artist Trifecta Ga...
- Cloudy with a chance of dinner from Alon's
- Mourning the entablature, weeping for the 12 foot ...
- I walked the 4 Portman atria today
- The Mansions of Howard Street, Kirkwood, Atlanta
- Pictures from The Sartorialist's (Scott Schuman) v...
- Bloggers Geoff Manaugh, BLDGBLOG, and Nicola Twill...
- Atlanta hosts 3 world class bloggers - Wed 9-15 an...
- Terminus 100 - Skyscraper or Space Communication D...
- Problem with scale - my brain can't process this.
- Atlanta's Downtown First Thursdays ArtsWalk is not...
- Torn Down: Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin offic...
- Paris-based Remed does painting on 11-story Atlant...
- The Crystal Palace Costco at Town Brookhaven
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (178)