Thursday, December 2, 2010

Demolition Heartbreaker in Virginia-Highland

I've blogged about it before ("Why waste a great garage on a stupid car?") It's been for sale on and off for a while. It's not everybody's favorite.

I loved the porch roof, the bodacious pink trim, awesome garage/workshop and unequaled location. It's much more than meets the eye.


Here is a closer look.
P3022268-Barnett-VirginiaCircleSand-White-Pink

P3022269-Barnett-VirginiaCircleSand-White-Pink

The owner said folks had offered to buy the porch roof and build him another.
P3022268-Barnett-VirginiaCircleSand-White-Pink-Door-Detail

Well, they are rehabbing the house, they tore off the porch, it's now in pieces at the bottom of the dumpster.

I asked the demo guys. They said, "I wish you'd told us, I'd have sold it to you for $20."

I want to cry.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. I'm a firm believer in living in a house for at least a year before making huge changes. This is a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the ugliest houses in Virginia Highland. It looks like a trailer. And to top it off, the yard has cement blocks as a border. And there is a sort of tin hut in the yard instead of the garage. It looks like Appalachia there. I wish that they would tear down the whole house, not just the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? That's too bad that if it had to come down that it couldn't be used somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive