Modern Atlanta 10 icon: Periscope is a 50 ft tall tower of foam layers and steel cables on Howell Mill fronting White Provision. It's the winner of the 10Up Competition by Brandon Clifford & Wes Mcgee, founders of Matter Design Studio, former Tech students now in NYC.
That's what greeted folks at the Modern Atlanta 10 Kickoff partly last night.
Here is MA founder Bernard McCoy at the party; he's the tall one.
Here is Modern Atlanta co-founder Elayne DeLeo. She was getting the job done, welcoming hundreds, and answering questions. I think she was also juggling indian clubs with her left hand. Elayne graciously stopped for a second for a picture.
Nicola Vidali designed the kickoff party. He stayed a blur all night. He's gesturing to councilman Kwanza Hall.
On the right is Robert Soens, builder of the RainShine House in Decatur and others.
This is architect Johnna Barrett whose Spring Creek house in on the tour.
The cool boots were there.
If you were there, click here to make the picture much bigger. Maybe you are in it.
More on MA 10 later.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- From the roof at Glenwood Park
- New contender for Atlanta's pretiest parking deck
- Entries to alleys have curved curbs at Glenwood Pa...
- Thanks for the tour of Glenwood Park
- Bike Shop Chandelier in a Great Atlanta Building
- Louise Nevelson's monumental sculpture "Dawn Fores...
- No place like home
- True comments on 11 modern Atlanta homes
- Meet some of Atlanta's modern archtiects
- Meeting Charles and Ray Eames at MA 10
- The little Eiffel Tower on Peachtree Street
- People from Modern Atlanta 10 Kickoff
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2009 (179)