(If you are looking for Modern Atlanta 10 Pictures, here is my MA 10 Flickr Collection. I've done one MA 10 blog post so far.)
I kind of like it. Atlanta oldtimers: it's right behind the old Peaches Records. Oldtimers also know that it's Peachtree ROAD out here but phoey on that.
Heading north on Peachtree you pass Piedmont Hospital, Bennett Street. Finnally, just before you cross Peachtree Creek there is a little road to the left lined with neoclassical buildings. It's 23oo Peachtree Road.
If you happen to slow down waiting for the Peachtree Hills light, you might just spot the Eiffel Tower.
It's a bit hard to see from Peachtree so you'd better just turn in. It's like you are in a whole different country. There are 3 buildings in this federal courthouse style. There is almost a cozy new-urban feel in spite of the formal facades.
They've got some fancy details. Nice metal work.
I can't make of this monogram in the cartouche, can you? I'd like to know more about who designed and developed this place.
And who did the Eiffel Tower? (Thanks to Holly at TTI: Ray Goins did the tower. Nice work Ray.)
Atlanta design insiders know all about it. It's home to the offices of our Atlanta architects: Peter Block and right next door Stan Dixon. That's not all that down there so I'm headed back for another look.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- From the roof at Glenwood Park
- New contender for Atlanta's pretiest parking deck
- Entries to alleys have curved curbs at Glenwood Pa...
- Thanks for the tour of Glenwood Park
- Bike Shop Chandelier in a Great Atlanta Building
- Louise Nevelson's monumental sculpture "Dawn Fores...
- No place like home
- True comments on 11 modern Atlanta homes
- Meet some of Atlanta's modern archtiects
- Meeting Charles and Ray Eames at MA 10
- The little Eiffel Tower on Peachtree Street
- People from Modern Atlanta 10 Kickoff
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2009 (179)