I'm participating in Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to Susan!
Remember? Do you have an opinion on the paint colors?
They are testing exterior paint colors. I have my own opinions but I'd want many tests and as many professional opinions as possible. My pictures don't show the true colors. You have to present to win.
They've almost finished the stonework. The paint must compliment the stone and make it pop. There are plenty of colors to work with in the stone.
The stone massing is quite shapely don't you think? I call it "Auburn School." (See this from McAlpine Tankersly or this from Dungan Nequette or this from Ruard Veltman or this from Summerour.)
It's asymmetrical but balanced: Height to the left. Low bulk to the right. The curved buttresses at the top of the stairs and right foundation visually support the mass, compensate for the missing bulk of the alcove where the garage doors will be recessed.
They've been test colors for more than a week. Testing siding and trim, in the sun and the shade. In this picture there are 3 siding colors and at least 2 trim colors. The muntins are in their final color.
The tests have a trend: The walls get darker as the trim gets lighter, less contrast between wall and trim, more contrast between wall and stone.
Of course, it needs to make it neighbors look great too.
I don't like calling this a tear-down any more.
Thanks so much.
Here is the whole project from the beginning.
Thanks to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
- ► 2016 (25)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Top-C in Oldies Architecture and Music
- Teardown Paint Tests
- No Duck Pond Garden Tour this year
- Teardown Bones
- Renaissance music in a 21st Century Gothic Chapel ...
- Fay Gold shows in Atlanta's most extraordinary lof...
- Big Art in Castleberry Hill: Hense and "Blue Husky...
- Wow: New Basharat Gallery and collaboration with F...
- Update: Home explosion: The bulb in our Lightolier...
- Photographer Blogger Blayne Beacham shows at TULA
- Decatur City Hall
- What was going on today at the downtown Davison's?...
- I'm re-doing the front door. What would you do?
- Pinkest and Purplest Art Deco in Decatur
- Rail Arts District Studio Cruise 2010 - 300th post...
- 5 for last friday - Music, Planetarium, Galleries,...
- To do list for "Phoenix Flies" March 6 - 20 includ...
- Six Atlanta design bloggers lunch with blues titan...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (179)