Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Angel Cannon Chapel Column Capitals
My post about Pitts Theology Library at Emory University said I'd get back the Emory's Cannon Chapel. It's a brutalist building that doesn't seem brutal, a complex building that easy to navigate, a big building that's not intimidating, an odd building with gentle delights around every corner. (Christa suggested I mention my post about Agnes Scott's new Julia Thompson Smith Chapel by Maurice Jennings architects. I haven't been inside yet.)
It's covered in abstract concrete angel wings.
It's interesting that the downspouts appear to be columns, very skinny ones. Notice the angle pattern on the barrel roofs.
I think these windows have angel details too:
It's well worth a walk-though if you are near Emory University.
Thanks and best wishes for your family for Thanksgiving.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Family Room for Thanksgiving.
- Angel Cannon Chapel Column Capitals
- David Huff paintings at Mattress Factory
- Alexandro Santana artist reception at Besharat
- Atlanta bloggers at Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams boo...
- Mattress Factory Artsts - WOW
- Castelberry Hill Art Stroll - November 13, 2009
- John Folsom, Todd Murphy, and Felice Sharp hosted ...
- Jeff's Shutters #3 - Completed
- Curbside Screen
- Pitts Theology Library, Emory University
- Artists from the Buckhead Art Stroll, November, 20...
- Suzanne Kasler, writes, signs, talks, and parties
- Red Patti - the very thing?
- TK's Jackson Pollock Pickets
- ▼ November (15)