Lucky day for me yesterday: Chad Mason, local musician and good guy, invited me to visit his Wigwam home. Built in 1940, it's an international style chunk of Miami Beach planted at the east end of the MLK historic district. Here is some more Wigwam info from another fan.
Here is the wonderful Indian Brave keeping watch over the Wigwam and neighborhood.
Architecture tourists will find more than a cool building. It's at a great but an unsung Atlanta 5-points corner: Old Wheat Street, Auburn Avenue, and Randolph Street. Where else can you find the Martin Luther Home, Ebenezer Baptist Church and this strawberry door?
A Greek revival townhouse
The fountain, the palm tree, the pastels:
The 4th ward tower:
A couple of churches:
We architecture tourists have a gold mine on Auburn Avenue which deserves many more blog entries. Get over there and enjoy!
There are more Wigwam neighborhood pictures in my Flickr slide show.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Oakdale fence and gate on a crisp yellow house
- Briarlake farmhouse vernacular beauty
- Georgian overlooking Oglethorpe University
- Agnes Scott's new Julia Thompson Smith Chapel
- The biggest pink building in Atlanta and 2 pink ho...
- A little house dominates Wieuca Road at Phipps Bou...
- Pink mirror wall on Oakview between downtown Oakhu...
- Dogs and metal chairs improve street scenes and ma...
- Let's go the the Castleberry Hill ArtStroll tonigh...
- I visit the wonderful Wigwam building and neighbor...
- Hillyer Place, Decatur Georgia, a block of charm
- Iron works at the Tomlinson Gardens on Peachtree i...
- Glenn Memorial UMC steeple looking good in the win...
- 3 great front yards in Atlanta
- Druid Hills cottage: Bobby Jones? Leila Ross Wilbu...
- The best new building on Monroe Drive since, like,...
- Neil Reed house with amazing shutter colors in Dru...
- A few surprising blocks: 11th Street in Midtown At...
- Pink, landscaped, kitty-cornered, cruvy driveway: ...
- Neel Reid house for sale in Druid Hills
- Off-center house on 9th street is one of my favori...
- Pink houses and a church in Midtown, Druid Hills, ...
- Tear-down on Amsterdam January 6, 2009
- Stained Glass at Oglethorpe Presbyterian Church
- Another Moringside tear-down, today
- Pink in Virginia-Highlands
- Moore Chapel in Decatur
- Chick-fil-A® Scholarship Arch on Poplar marks the ...
- Rainbow row in Candler Park / Little Live Points
- Teardown on Sherwood in Morningside, December 2008...
- Manger scene near Oglethorpe
- ▼ January (31)