Monday, November 26, 2012

House Crunched by Crane Today in Morningside

I was just lollygagging on my way home from CVS this afternoon. This just didn't look right. Thank goodness there were no injuries.

(Update on Crane Crunched House 2012-11-28 )

It was so quiet.

P1140140-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House
The neighbors had started gathering. It was right in front of us. It was so odd.

P1140142-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House-detail
Eerie.

P1140140-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House-detail
The next door neighbor said there was a BIG noise and she grabbed the kids.

P1140143-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House
The crane was reaching over the house removing a dangerous tree chunk by chuck.

P1140147-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House-detail-ridge-line
The last chuck didn't cooperate, the chunk that broke the ridge's back.

It's supposed rain tonight.

P1140145-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House-detail-1
Some knock on the door.

P1140149-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House
Boutte Tree has a great reputation in the neighborhood. I know they'll make this right.

P1140145-2011-11-26-Greenland-Tree-Service-Crunch-House-detail-2

9 comments:

  1. got to show dh this, so sad and sorry for the company and the homeowners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and effort
    to put this article together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!
    Feel free to surf my site ... free iphone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just can't imagine how everyone involved is feeling about this. Amazing that you just happened upon this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Jeez - where we're the local news truck! They live for this kind of happening.

    Glad everyone is okay. Bet the operator got one heck of a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately things do happen, life happens, we have those days now and again. Feel poorly for everyone, but yes, they will make it right and all will move forward, but again, do feel poorly about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessa Boutte here, owner at Boutte Tree, Inc. Thank you for your kind words about our company on this blog post. We are doing everything we can to rectify this situation. If anyone has any questions or concerns about this situation please call or email me. My personal cell phone number is 404-978-5557, my email is jessa@bouttetree.com. Again, thank you for your words of compassion and kindness - I appreciate them and I'm sure our clients do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree guys do incredibly difficult, dangerous work in our own backyards. All the ones I've seen and the ones I've hired were amazingly careful and on guard. They worry about every possibility, including this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, that's terrible news! I hope everyone is safe. LJR Tree Services Inc

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive