Driving north on 17 our introduction to Millen was this mansion in the middle of a low-rise housing project.
This can't be the only one, can it? But we were in a rush hoping to make Sparta before dark.
We took a jog west on Cotton Avenue. Commercial on the north side.
Millen's Pal Theater looks fine for now.
Losing the innards of the basket handle arch.
Cotton Avenue fronts the tracks. Millen must be a great train watching place: "Awesome N(orfolk) S(southern) Action in Millen, GA 2/15/14" is indeed awesome.
We found this kitty-cornered from the courthouse at College and Harvey. Look at those tall windows.
But we were out of time. We stopped at McDonalds at the intersection of 17 and 23 then headed west toward Midville.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- Road Trip 16: Riddleville Georgia's 1917 Corner Be...
- Road Trip 15: Tiny Bartow Georgia is Imagible, Leg...
- Road Trip 13: In the Middle of Midville Georgia
- Road Trip 12: We Missed Most of Millen Georgia but...
- Road Trip 11: Scarboro, Georgia's Perfect Terminat...
- Road Trip 10: Rocky Ford, Georgia
- Road Trip 9: Oliver, Georgia the Beautiful Speed T...
- Road Trip 8: Guyton Georgia the Beautiful
- Road Trip 7: Pulaski Georgia's Roadside Yellow Far...
- Road Trip 6: Everything's Better in Metter Georgia...
- Road Trip 5: Dublin's Grey Church, Brick Church, a...
- Road Trip 4: Adele Theater in Eatonton, Georgia.
- Road Trip 3: Shady Dale City Hall and Providence B...
- Road Trip 2: Pink House Between Newborn and Shady ...
- Road Trip 1: Covington First Methodist's Open Stee...
- We Saw Savannah on Sunday with Sore Knees a Sip an...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)