Tonight: Reception for Kathryn Refi at Solomon Projects Gallery, Tuesday 11-2-10 6p-8p. Her work will be on display November 2 - December 23, 2010. Great art, great building, great host. You should go.
Left - artist and owner of Get this Gallery Lloyd Benjamin. Right- Nancy Solomon herself.
Nancy Solomon is the owner and wonderful host of Solomon Projects. It's in a charming old strip across the street from the Park Tavern. It's a great space rehabbed by Atlanta architects Brian Bell and David Yocum of bldgs. Look up while you are there. Tall ceilings, old-timey crown moldings, skylights.
The front room overlooks Monroe Drive near 10th.
The middle room could hold big pieces.
The back room with work by Douglas Weathersby.
This is the back of Flux artist Douglas Weathersby friend of Soilomon Projects.
Here is Lloyd Benjamin again. If you are new receptions: Artists are very happy to talk with you. They don't expect you to "get" their right off, if ever. They'll tell you what they had in mind and how they did it.
Please say hello if you see me.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- gloATL's Magic "Hinterland" in Downtown Atlanta
- Happy Thanksgiving: The Pictures and Video
- Our Thanksgiving Menu 2010 and our greasy 2009 men...
- Whistling Angels & more at Mason Murer Fine Art
- Reception for Ruth Franklin, Tracy Sharp, & Michae...
- Brunch at the Lunching Pad - Kitsch, Function, Se...
- Beautiful Stair Reinforces My Architectural Optimi...
- Artist Tracy Sharp's opening reception November 12...
- Artists Helen Durant and Corrina Sephora Mensoff -...
- Jon Ciliberto Watercolors Soccer Dads at SWITCH Mo...
- Artist Kathryn Refi under the ceilings at Solomon ...
- Visit Solomon Projects Gallery on Monroe Drive - ...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2009 (179)