Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Six Atlanta design bloggers lunch with blues titans at Fat Matts

On Monday six Atlanta design bloggers ate BBQ at Fat Matt's Rib Shack.

From left to right: Holly from Things That Inspire, Helen Young from Whitehaven, Terry Kearns (me) from Architecture Tourist, James from Limestone & Boxwoods, Claire Watkins from High Gloss Blue, and Blayne Beacham from This Photographer's Life (In Search of a Style)

Some of us had met, some hadn't. It wasn't exactly like we'd been childhood friends. But we certainly weren't strangers. We had plenty to talk about.

We didn't do any business, elect any officers, make any plans. We just ate sweet, saucy, tummy-filling sandwiches and gabbed.

Here is our closeup. A hansdome bunch, I think.
P1010026-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-FatMatts-Holly-Helen-Terry-James-Claire-Blayne-Detail-To-North

This may be our better side. I do love the pulled pork sammy levitating over my head. If you haven't been to Fat Matts, you order at the counter. At 11:30 A.M. the food got to our table before we could sit down.
P1010023-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-FatMatts-Holly-Helen-Terry-James-Claire-Blayne-Holly-Helen-Terry

Fat Matt's shows it's glorious face on at the corner of 3 in-town neighborhoods: Morningside, Piedmont Heights and Ansley Park. It's red, yellow, and green, with over-sized ribs floating in the window.
P1010027-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-FatMatts

Across the street is Rock Spring Presbyterian Church which is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings. Fat Matts is one of the few places where you can comfortably take it in.
P1010021-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-Rock-Springs-Presby

I think a city that allows these two beauties across the street from each other is doing something right.
P1010022-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-Rock-Springs-Presby-Detail-Window

We missed other great Atlanta bloggers. We'll do another in April if we can.

Thanks,
Terry
terry @ surf303.com

11 comments:

  1. some of my favorite bloggers! looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun! Thanks so much for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time, of course I am reading this while hungry and now I think I have to drive to Atlanta to try Fat Matt's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great lunch, although I felt guilty for taking over the table for over 2 hours! Luckily, Monday lunch seems to be slow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lunch, thanks again for organizing Terry. Worlds collided despite George Costanza's insistence that they can't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a fun and yummy lunch. I actually just ate at Fat Matt's over the weekend. Their BBQ is the best. And the Presbyterian church is such a beautiful site to look at. -Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry,

    I always enjoy reading your comments. So glad I stopped by! Fun to see many familiar bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you are right Terry. Great looking bunch! How exciting to meet fellow bloggers! The only other one I was familiar with was Things that Inspire, and you, of course.

    On another note, does the tree in last pic have buds on it? Is it ready to leaf out? Can't believe my eyes! It's been such a long cold and wet winter here in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. always good to hear about fellow atlanta bloggers--love fat matt's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam,
    We've got a few trees in bloom. Don't know what kind. My hydrangea is poking a few leaves out. My allergies are starting to notice pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry I missed the lunch, Terry. I got the email about April, I will do everything within my power to come!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive