On Monday six Atlanta design bloggers ate BBQ at Fat Matt's Rib Shack.
From left to right: Holly from Things That Inspire, Helen Young from Whitehaven, Terry Kearns (me) from Architecture Tourist, James from Limestone & Boxwoods, Claire Watkins from High Gloss Blue, and Blayne Beacham from This Photographer's Life (In Search of a Style)
Some of us had met, some hadn't. It wasn't exactly like we'd been childhood friends. But we certainly weren't strangers. We had plenty to talk about.
We didn't do any business, elect any officers, make any plans. We just ate sweet, saucy, tummy-filling sandwiches and gabbed.
Here is our closeup. A hansdome bunch, I think.
This may be our better side. I do love the pulled pork sammy levitating over my head. If you haven't been to Fat Matts, you order at the counter. At 11:30 A.M. the food got to our table before we could sit down.
Fat Matt's shows it's glorious face on at the corner of 3 in-town neighborhoods: Morningside, Piedmont Heights and Ansley Park. It's red, yellow, and green, with over-sized ribs floating in the window.
Across the street is Rock Spring Presbyterian Church which is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings. Fat Matts is one of the few places where you can comfortably take it in.
I think a city that allows these two beauties across the street from each other is doing something right.
We missed other great Atlanta bloggers. We'll do another in April if we can.
terry @ surf303.com
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Top-C in Oldies Architecture and Music
- Teardown Paint Tests
- No Duck Pond Garden Tour this year
- Teardown Bones
- Renaissance music in a 21st Century Gothic Chapel ...
- Fay Gold shows in Atlanta's most extraordinary lof...
- Big Art in Castleberry Hill: Hense and "Blue Husky...
- Wow: New Basharat Gallery and collaboration with F...
- Update: Home explosion: The bulb in our Lightolier...
- Photographer Blogger Blayne Beacham shows at TULA
- Decatur City Hall
- What was going on today at the downtown Davison's?...
- I'm re-doing the front door. What would you do?
- Pinkest and Purplest Art Deco in Decatur
- Rail Arts District Studio Cruise 2010 - 300th post...
- 5 for last friday - Music, Planetarium, Galleries,...
- To do list for "Phoenix Flies" March 6 - 20 includ...
- Six Atlanta design bloggers lunch with blues titan...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (179)