Three architecture tourists visited White Provision on a foggy Thursday evening. It was one of those nice events hosted by Denise Leitch Jackson that promote artists and real estate. We'd done a similar event at the Troy Peerless Lofts.
Here is the old White Provision building, an industrial landmark where 14th street T-bones into Howell Mill. It's been gutted and boutique'd.We toured the new residential building from which we took this photo:
New condos/lofts are pretty much the same these days (nice). At White Provision it's the view from the west. Here we are looking east from the master. Amazing view in spite of the fog.
Here is more. The city and the still industrial neighborhood. Your blog host swoons over places like this.
Nancy Ballew, an Atlanta mural artist, showed some of her series, " Atonement" which we liked. It was worthy of the 9th floor penthouse.
Artist Miguel Sartori showed "Horizons." We didn't meet him but like his serene landscapes.
White Provision also includes a bit of new urbanism. We did some delightful exploring on foot.
What is the building with yellow ears?
The iron works across Howell Mill:
West Egg for breakfast:
Tanner Hill Gallery
A footbridge crosses railroad tracks north to Bacchanalia and other restaurants.
Folks were dining outside (one of the great things about Atlanta autumns).
Yoga from the footbridge:
Altogether, quite a nice evening. Here are all the pictures. But we had other places to go. More on that later.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Halloween Tune from the other Georgia
- Préparez vos mouchoirs - stuck song
- Teardown: Foundation and wet sticking, 10-23-09
- Avant-Garde? A Gordon re-do on our big room
- Best window-boxes in Morningside
- Teardown Week 7
- Moving photos, people, and Arabesques at Besharat ...
- White Provision Tour with artists: Nancy Ballew a...
- Artists from Le Flash and the October 9th Castlebe...
- Painter Alain Gazier's silent interiors
- Southern living demo derby and Southern Living
- Teardown Week 4
- Pictures from Le Flash 2009 Atlanta Oct. 2
- Three mid-century modern days and nights...
- ▼ October (14)