The Classicist Blog introduced me to the © 2009 The Municipal Art Society of New York, my newest hero. You see, the Society is about the "art" of cities rather than fine art.
You can purchase it from Urban Center Books.
Here are the tours feature in the book.
- Old City, New City: Downtown Preservation and Planning
- Before the Code: Downtown Skyscrapers
- Along the High Line
- Of Farragut and Flatiron
- Midtown Deco
- Grand Central City
- When It Was New: Park Avenue
- Midtown since Modernism: East 57th Street to Columbus Circle
- Country in the City: Central Park
- Harlem Haven: Hamilton Heights