This was a Morningside tear down, just completed. I've watched them build it and now I've been to the open house. Would you believe it has nearly 7,000 of finished space? Nearly 1,500 of daylight bonus space? Elevator shaft? Here is the listing.
The architect, Linda deLarios, and builder, Yorkshire Properties, L.L.C., used the slope to camouflage the size. It looks perfectly in keeping in our 80 year old neighborhood. A McMansion would be more typical. Instead, this is the best integrated - stylistically - new house in the neighborhood.
Two Kinds of Buyers?
Personally, I prefer a charming facade that fronts an impressive space - one that gets better the further you go. I guess I'd rather not show everything I have to strangers. The other type of buyer, those who want an impressive facade won't like this house.
Here is the front porch. The craftsman details extend throughout the house. Does this look new? Well, it looks clean.
Not a showy front door.
The front porch overlooks the Palladian style Morningside Presbyterian Church and our amazing trees.
The craftsman details are everywhere. You'd never expect this from streetside.
The door next to 2 windows open into the kitchen. A few urns on the patio, open those French doors and we're ready for a city party.
Neighborhood zoning requires 7.5 sideyard setback. If you can't deal with that, you can't live in Morningside.
The listing can't convey how big this house is. It is be one of the biggest in the entire Morningside, Lenox Park neighborhood.
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Book: 10 Architectural Walks in Manhattan
- Atlanta's New Urban neighborhoods -been there?
- Begone vapid design blog comments
- Sampson Street, Atlanta Continued
- Virginia Cotton Docks - Sampson Street, Atlanta
- Discovering Atlanta's Upright Cannons
- 7,000 Square Foot Morningside Bungalow - Two Kind...
- Patterns: Windows, Thresholds, Snakes
- We do Atlanta's Buckhead Gallery Walk, June 4, 200...
- Our experience: working with a designer
- We want to live at Habersham Gardens
- ▼ June (11)