Last September I noticed sample colors on the Gilded Angel.
Candler Park has two little "embedded" business centers, Clifton at McLendon is downtown. Oakdale at MeLendon is uptown and home to the Gilded Angel, now dressed in green.
It's a fine little gas station. Property records say it was built in 1925. Note the single column holding up the roof. Reminds me of the single porch column at Robert A.M. Stern Architects' House at Seaside.
This ain't Seaside but Candler Park is just a picturesque: How about that porch next door?
Here is the before and the sample colors.
I'm OK with it.
I love these neighborhood centers.
View Larger Map
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- "Stop Work" Was a Mistake, Demo Will Continue
- Permit? I Thought YOU Got the Permit
- Winter Light on Kirkwood Centenarians
- On Peachtree You Can't Do It Like This Anymore
- Classical Exuberance for an Enthusiast by an Enthu...
- Ashley Anderson @ACAC with @ybgb, at Corrina's, an...
- They Painted the Gilded Anglel Green
- What is that double-pen saddlebag building in Deca...
- Lost at the M. Rich & Bros. Co. Building and Found...
- We huddled around a print - touring a private coll...
- I wasn't sure what caught my eye on Rocky Ford
- Atlanta's December Home Tours - Better Eat Your Wh...
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)