Tuesday, December 11, 2012

They Painted the Gilded Anglel Green

Last September I noticed sample colors on the Gilded Angel.

Candler Park has two little "embedded" business centers, Clifton at McLendon is downtown. Oakdale at MeLendon is uptown and home to the Gilded Angel, now dressed in green.


It's a fine little gas station. Property records say it was built in 1925. Note the single column holding up the roof. Reminds me of the single porch column at Robert A.M. Stern Architects' House at Seaside.

This ain't Seaside but Candler Park is just a picturesque: How about that porch next door?

Here is the before and the sample colors.

 P1110671-2012-09-07-McLendon-at-Oakdale-former-gas-stations-color-testing paint samples Gilded Angel
Hmmm.....

P1140489-2012-12-10--McLendon-at-Oakdale- former-gas-stations-color-testing-paint-samples-complete-Gilded-Angel
I'm OK with it.

P1140490-2012-12-10--McLendon-at-Oakdale- former-gas-stations-color-testing-paint-samples-complete
I love these neighborhood centers.


View Larger Map

5 comments:

  1. I am so missing my time in Atlanta! Boo hoo hoo. I am okay with the green, it stands out a little more. Are you excited about your big family Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Probably had a quite a few paint jobs in 88 years. I doubt I'll get to see the next one.

      Delete
  3. This is why I love your blog so much...I get to see parts and details of a city I call home that I otherwise wouldn't. And you can imagine how exciting it is to finally (or again after a long time) drive or walk by a building or home you wrote about and experience it in a whole new way. Thanks for all the time you devote to Architecture Tourist, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travis and me: mutual admiration society and we are not alone.

      Delete

Blog Archive