Syd gave JoAnn a blue hydrangea for her birthday. It's a total doll, an "Endless Summer," the kind they have at Pikes, Home Depot, and Intown Ace. You can probably buy them on Amazon.
It's just a little puppy which is OK because we have a little puppy house.
We tried it all over the yard and decided it needed a sister, one for over here and another for over there.
So I had to drive to Pikes, Home Depot, AND Intown Ace on Highland and On Scott Boulevard to find a mate.
On "Ask this Old House" this is barely a 15 minute job.
At OUR house it takes a little longer.
- Gentle husband/wife design discussion and location trials. At THIS point I started sweating if you know what I mean.
- Dig out the nandinas.
- Dig out the vinca minor
- Heavily prune the other nandinas.
- Plant the left hydrangea.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 5 for the right hydrangea
- Prepare soil and relocate vinca minors.
- Prepare soil and relocate nandinas.
- Do some balance pruning.
- Gentle spousal discussion about what to do with the "holes" I left behind.
Now, how to fill up the holes.