Today Ilene Brenner and Donna Pinter hosted an opening for the Mosaic, aka "Symphony of Color" These pictures don't do it justice. Go see it for yourself. It should be at it's peak in mid afternoon after all the leaves are gone. If you click on these pictures you'll go to Flickr and you can make them a little bigger. More pictures.
The Architecture Tourist was fortunate to be there and snapped the M&M guy:
Folks started gathering before the party.
Then Donna gave a tour and answered questions for fans, neighbors, mosaic helpers, and video folks.
Your Architecture Tourists
Here is the video:
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)
- Mosaics on Highland View in Virginia Highlands
- Red Adorondak chairs in Sherwood Forrest.
- Tudor high style in a small house
- Zen View - Atlantic Center from Peachtree and Elli...
- Greek revival: an Emory Theater and a Brookhaven d...
- The university gothic baseball statdium at Ogletho...
- Curvy, red-roofed beauty in Morninside
- Pershing Point Park as a park and destination?
- Zen Views - Colony Square from the inside out.
- Bill Harrison homes in the neighborhood
- The Buckhead skyline from Lenox Square
- Metalwork - Atlanta Appeals Courthouse
- Opening Party for Atlanta's Barnett Street Mosaic ...
- New facade imitates old on Drewry and Greenwood
- Krog Street's other bridge
- Zen View from the Healy Building rotunda
- House with swags in Decatur
- Great Atlanta Corners - Peachtree Street at 14th S...
- Catching up November 8-9, 2008
- Yellow! The Palm Lion house and a modest East Atla...
- Vernacular in north Henry County, Fairview at Bond...
- Zen View north from Ward Lake Road and Linecrest, ...
- 9th Street Midtown charm
- 3 Modest moderns: Ansley Park, Morningside, Loring...
- Highland Avenue's Rainbow Row
- Catching up on posts for November 1-2, 2008
- Home on "Old" Stagecoach Road in Ellenwood Georgia...
- Zen View: Downtown Atlanta from Moreland Avenue an...
- Red Bridge Over Ormewood Avenue in Grant Park Atla...
- Zen View at Emory, Houston Mill at Clifton Road
- The railroad bridge on Ponce de Leon at Sears, For...
- ▼ November (31)