Architecture tourists go to events just so we can see the buildings. On November 11 it was the Lucky Penny Spectacular at the old Grant Park School, which is now repurposed and home to The Arts Exchange.
It was an evening of art, dance, and good cheer at an old school you've never seen. When you give artists, musicians, and dancers half a chance, they'll make some magic.
They'll take this workaday school doorway...
and make some magic with it...
...and draw a crowd by turning it into a dance stage.
The school's auditorium / gym is now the Paul Robeson Theater.
Lucky Penny really knows how to throw a dance whether on a sidewalk, in a doorway or theater.
Thanks to the Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- It preserved more of its original "1914" appearanc...
- Old school dancing in Grant Park
- They tore it down yesterday, a "1930" on Amsterdam...
- What is and who's at the Goat Farm?
- To clad Vuiton in Onyx call Michael Ra at Front In...
- My "Windows on Design" Expedition
- This renovation may not please all tastes
- Architecture Tourist Project: Blogging Ponce de Le...
- 5+1 Teardown Works in Progress
- Teardown work in progress in Virginia Highland.
- Good Week
- Artistic + Good in Math / Jeanne Gang visits Georg...
- Porch and Pumpkins and Penguin
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)