Here is Butch Reagan showing one of his bowls at his opening reception at the Swan Coach House Gallery.
"Bowl" is a modest word to describe these.
Butch's experience running a sawmill in North Georgia gave him a keen eye for wood and how to a bring out the best features. The pink color is from the worms. See the holes? Butch said you had to treat the wood properly the keep the colors.
Takes an artist eye to create this:
There are some pictures from his workshop.
Atlanta art fans will recognize Marianne Lambert, the curator for Swan House, Marianne of the red hair and big smile. You'll see Marianne at openings everywhere. If you see her, you are probably in the right place.
Here is a bit about Butch's discovery.
This is his first show. You need to get over there while his work is under-priced. They are practically giving his work away.
- ► 2016 (25)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- Shutze's Goddard Chapel at Grady Hospital
- Preview: Shutze's Uncanny Little Chapels
- Butch's Beautiful Bowls at Swan Coach House Galler...
- The Tragic Poet, the Fontana Piccola, the Faun
- Stained Glass: 2 churches, 2 chapels, 3 organs and...
- Dashboard Co-Op Throws a Big Art Party
- I'm not worthy - Stylish Blogger Award - but they ...
- Pool House Classical on Krog Street - Really?
- A snowy time-lapse & pictures at our place
- Stained Glass Sunday - Tiffany, Downing et al.
- The Trinity Preview Market at Saks Rocks
- National I-house is getting a modern T-Bone in Dec...
- Sunny at St. Charles and Highland with dog
- Tiny, wonderful Va-Hi garden with pink pigs
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)