Treat your ears today...from your rock 'n' roll Architecture Tourists. Even grown men might need hankies for this one.
"As for the Messiah, it's like Michelangelo's 'Creation of Adam,' one of those rare works that appeal immediately to everyone and yet is indisputably a masterpiece of the highest order." Kenneth Clark, Civilization.
20. Air (or Duet) Anne Sofie von Otter - mezzo-soprano
He shall feed His flock like a shepherd; and He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.
(Isaiah 40: 11)
Sylvia McNair - soprano (at 2:12) get out your handkerchiefs
Come unto Him, all ye that labour, come unto Him that are heavy laden, and He will give you rest.
Take his yoke upon you, and learn of Him, for He is meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Matthew 11: 28-29)
21. Chorus (at 5:18)
His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.
(Matthew 11: 30)
22. Chorus (at 7:38)
Behold the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world.
(John 1: 29)
Academy and Chorus of St Martin in the Fields
Sir Neville Marriner ( conductor )
Here are all the words to Handel's Messiah.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Inman Park's Fun Figure Fence
- Faux Painting the Patio
- Before / After
- Shutters? Louvers? Curtains? Heliodons? a video
- Not design - the "pusher car"
- My Kenneth Turner Candle from Cote de Texas has ar...
- Jeff's Shutters #2
- a masterpiece of the highest order...
- We want to live in a tropical/colorful place
- Cote's Kitchen Problem
- Atlanta's Highland Walk Becomes Morningside Villag...
- Happy Independence Day
- A few front doors in Atlanta
- Loft / Art Stroll at Castleberry Point Atlanta
- ▼ July (14)