This a brief recap of my visit to All Saints Episcopal Church in Atlanta (1906) during the Atlanta Preservation Center's Phoenix Flies tour for 2011. It's the church across the street from The Varsity.
Structural chains and hammer beams hold up the roof.
Thomas H. Morgan and John R. Dillon designed the sanctuary. They designed the Healey Building too.
Brownstone seems odd in Atlanta. We're used to granite churches like North Avenue Presbyterian a block away.
It's big inside and warm.
Plenty of stained glass, some by Tiffany.
My camera wasn't up to the task.
High in the balcony angles blow their trumpets.
Thanks to Fifi Guest and Mark for the tour.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- Clay Rokicki - J. Neel Reid Prize Winner, 2010
- Cara Cummins - J. Neel Reid Prize Winner, 2001
- The "Piedmont" Pipes are in St. Paul UMC - Phoenix...
- Phoenix Flies Recap #7 - Inman Park United Methodi...
- Phoenix Flies Recap #6 - First Church of Christ, S...
- Architecture Tourist: Phoenix Flies Recap #5 - Swi...
- Phoenix Flies Recap #4 - All Saints Episcopal Chur...
- Phoenix Flies Recap #3 - Central Presbyterian
- Phoenix Flies Recap #2 - St. Paul
- Phoenix Flies Recap #1 - East Lake
- Peachtree Christian Church tour for Phoenix Flies
- Grant Mansion Tour for Phoenix Flies
- Shrine of The Immaculate Conception for Phoenix Fl...
- Rhodes Hall After All These Years
- Stonehenge is a Mansion and a Church on Ponce
- Bursting here: Clay, Capella, Crush, Churches, and...
- The Fish Abides - a Buckhead Cruise
- This Building was Condemned
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)