It was some party at out house on the 4th. We're at our best when we fill our homes with folks we love.
Here are John and Charlotte on July 4. I asked if they were headed to the maternity ward after the party. Well almost. Son Kader arrived 4:45 the next afternoon.
Kader is Mary's first grandchild. Mary (R.I.P.) was one of the great souls of our neighborhood, and of JoAnn's girl group. With that heritage I'm sure Kader will be one firecracker of a boy. Charlotte is the first of our childrens "group" to have husband AND baby:
It started with flag cake and flag balloon. Rachel (apron) made the cake, Katherine advised and tested frosting.
The house that Bill built was made for the flag.
Nick is our secret guacamole weapon.
If your guests have to hike a little, it must be a good party.
Do you have daughters?
Our kitchen party zone worked pretty well.
The big porch table made a cozy, shady place. Groups shifted in and out.
A Grady High School mini-reunion.
Folks rotated in and out of the big room for food, coolness, and soft furniture.
Andy and Melissa and most of the rest grew up together around here. How about those green shoes.
Outside: the "Flip Cup Toast."
Don passed on some wisdom to Nick and Rachel.
Friends caught up and made plans.
We timed the keg to run out just in time for fireworks.
Next year - remember the date.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Carnegie Cornice Completed.
- Kirkwood Firehouse Mosaic by Deanna Sirlin
- 1:45 slip though my fingers again and again
- Historical Concepts' work-live studio
- Quant la doulce jouvencelle - medieval letters and...
- Tiny modern house critiqued in a supurb video
- Bloggers meet, stroll, win in Castleberry Hill.
- Our 4th party births a baby, kind of...
- Happy 4th: biggest chair in Atlanta, flag food and...
- How to move from Home Park to Morningside?
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2009 (179)