I'm always on the hunt for videos that combine art/design/architecture with music.
I hope Blue Remembered Hills and Dino Marcantonio, Architect don't mind me twisting their visual ideas into aural ones. Blue discusses Billy Baldwin: "The more one attempts to analyze it the further it seems to recede, as does a dream that fades more quickly the harder one tries to remember it." Mr. Marcontonio critiques modern architecture: "...that Beauty is an infinite mystery and that its presence in an object provides a bottomless fund of delight..."
Here is a 1:45 excerpt from New York Polophony a quartet of opera singers performing a 350 year old tune in The Church of the Ascension in the City of New York. I watch it in HD.
Here is a longer version at lower quality but you can see the carved and mosaic angels above the altar. The angels seem as ancient as the music.
I can't listen to these in the background.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Carnegie Cornice Completed.
- Kirkwood Firehouse Mosaic by Deanna Sirlin
- 1:45 slip though my fingers again and again
- Historical Concepts' work-live studio
- Quant la doulce jouvencelle - medieval letters and...
- Tiny modern house critiqued in a supurb video
- Bloggers meet, stroll, win in Castleberry Hill.
- Our 4th party births a baby, kind of...
- Happy 4th: biggest chair in Atlanta, flag food and...
- How to move from Home Park to Morningside?
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2009 (179)