This is no fun. I take little detours to visit these, the maps are at the bottom of this post. They are still with us as of October 6, 2015.
Will they still be there tomorrow? I'm paying them a little respect before they are gone.
I let folks know on Facebook and Instagram. Here are links to my pictures and videos for the record.
1385 Middlesex Avenue 30306 in Morningside. Built 1858. Moved from Woodville, Georgia to Atlanta in 1985.
The "difference" makes it a Morningside landmark that few outsiders have seen.
Maybe it still has a chance, maybe just some of the parts.
Demolition Watch One of Atlanta's Oldest Buildings Will Soon be No More by Michael Khan Curbed Atlanta
One of Atlanta’s Oldest Homes Set for Demolition by Crystal Sturgeon Atlanta Agent Magazine
True Deliverance Church 1433 Watson Street, Atlanta in the Edgewood neighborhood. 1950 per Dekalb County property tax records.
It's one of 4 churches within a few blocks. This one is right on the street, pointed sideways, clinging to a hillside. Quite a sight in the winter from the valley to the east, a tributary Sugar Creek. I'm not sure if it will still be here when the leaves fall.
Pictures 1385 Middlesex
Videos 1385 Middlesex
- Exterior, chimneys 1385 Middlesex Atlanta GA in Morningside
- Second Floor foyer, stair and upstairs 1385 Middlesex Atlanta GA in Morningsid
- Foyer, left and right parlors, dining room, and kitchen1385 Middlesex Atlanta GA in Morningside
- First Floor 1385 Middlesex Atlanta GA in Morningside
- The four videos in one playlist.
Pictures: True Deliverance Church 1433 Watson St NE Atlanta
- Street side video of True Deliverance Church 1433 Watson St NE Atlanta
- Downhill side video of True Deliverance Church 1433 Watson St NE Atlanta