I'm participating in Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to Susan!
This spec teardown sold before it was complete and Stoney River Homes built it in a hurry. They know what they are doing.
Built: 1930, 1,444 square feet, on .2296 acres. Pretty big lot for around here.
The new one has about 3,900 square feet, and a garage.
This Google streetview isn't the most flattering. But this was the least house on the street. You couldn't build anywhere around here these days.
Others on had been renovated, but this is the 2nd full-on street-front 2-story.
Other renos hide their bulk towards the rear while preserving keeping their original street-front details. This one didn't have much charm worth keeping.
I think it's like the Stoney Rivers' "Avery" Plan plus a garage.
I like the north side better than the driveway side because more bumps.
I don't think it a big clash with it's neighbors. The old one was rather sad. This one make the neighbors look better. You need to see this in person and judge for yourself.
I think this accounts for the quick sale. It's 2 1/2 short level blocks to Yeah! Burger and Murphy's.
I think the new owners are going to enjoy living here, enjoy it a lot.
Thanks to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- The slow way home via West End Atlanta
- Virginia-Higlands Teardown is Done
- Cloistered courtyard with an arcade replaces tenni...
- This Modern Teardown is Done
- Little Chapel Magic - Calder Loth Presents Palladi...
- McLean Jenkins - J. Neel Reid Prize Winner, 2008
- Shutters --> throw pillows for outdoors
- Classical Coverup on North Highland
- Mother Goose buned and rebuilt
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)