I'd seen the steel structure go up and thought, "Cool, a bridge." But university building is so common who pays attention?
So on this gloomy Saturday morning I was driving to Jonathan LaCross's Shutze Lecture. I turned down Haygood Drive in front of Druid Hills High School.
THEY COVERED THE BRIDGE WITH MARBLE!! I hope it's Georgia marble, a theme for Emory's buildings. By by Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects LLP (ZGF).
"A working bridge connecting a new Health Sciences Research Building to the Emory-Children's Center will be named in memory of George W. Brumley, MD." - Emory University News July 28, 2011
I guess folks will work on the bridge. That sounds good to me.
The clerestory look and overhanging roof in the building to the left is a theme for Emory's more modern buildings.
See it when you are in the neighborhood. It's a drive-through.
View Larger Map
If there is a grand opening / ribbon cutting, let's go.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- Gordon Stringer, Friend, Designer, R.I.P.
- Jaw Drop: Emory's new Marble Clad Brumley Bridge i...
- Nine Teardowns Done
- Let's Help Save This Capital View 1903 Victorian D...
- Eyesore on Ponce has Burned and is Even Worse
- De-Marbling the I.M. Pei on Ponce and baring St. P...
- Clifton Ridge - Druid Hills' Slippery Slope
- End of the Groovy Oval Brise Soleil?
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)