In Sandersville we needed to turn north on Highway 15 so we could get to Sparta before dark.
Wish we'd had more time. "Old Jail Museum and Genealogy Research Center 129 Jones Street."
We stopped long enough to take a picture though the drizzle from the car.
Downtown wasn't dead at 6pm.
John Dana is a state court judge with a handsome office.
Then whoa, North Harris Street, a street of mansions north of the courthouse.
Salmon is one of my favorite colors for mansions.
Uhh... Curvy portico and a balcony with a reverse curve. Apologies for the blurry picture but I have to show you.
Just so you know: The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation has placed the Sandersville School on it's 2015 Places in Peril List.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- Prominent and Challenging Corner Tear-down is Comp...
- Bodacious Backyard Burning: The Stove Party at the...
- Tue - Hustwit | Wed - Allen | Thu - Brewer | 3 Gre...
- Road Trip 18: Sparta Georgia a Ruin that Lives and...
- Last Look at the Little Split-Level Landmark on No...
- Road Trip 17: A Handful of Sandersville Mansions
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)