Pulaski, Georgia is east of Metter about 12 miles southwest of Stateboro. It's north of Highway 46 so we weren't going to drive right though it, just the south edge.
But the big yellow house and shed got our attention. It stands alone fronting 100 plus acres of farmland.
Looks like it was painted yesterday. The Candler County property tax records say it was built in 1910. It sold in 2001 for $70.000. We turned around to look.
The shed is big, room for a few Winnebagos in there. And how many sheds have a porch? A porch with spindle columns? Our suburban 4 car garages are lame compared to this. This is where we want to wait out summer showers.
The corner portico thing is distinctive. Were did those front steps go?
We turned up Gin Street to see Pulaski proper.
Here another one with a corner portico. Who doesn't love a grass driveway?
Property tax records say 1910.
I'm guessing a Georgia Southern professor could manage a 15 minute commute to live here.
Probably too late. Vanishing South Georgia for another look.
Probably not too late.
Visit Pulaski. and visit Vanishing South Georgia while you are waiting.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- Road Trip 16: Riddleville Georgia's 1917 Corner Be...
- Road Trip 15: Tiny Bartow Georgia is Imagible, Leg...
- Road Trip 13: In the Middle of Midville Georgia
- Road Trip 12: We Missed Most of Millen Georgia but...
- Road Trip 11: Scarboro, Georgia's Perfect Terminat...
- Road Trip 10: Rocky Ford, Georgia
- Road Trip 9: Oliver, Georgia the Beautiful Speed T...
- Road Trip 8: Guyton Georgia the Beautiful
- Road Trip 7: Pulaski Georgia's Roadside Yellow Far...
- Road Trip 6: Everything's Better in Metter Georgia...
- Road Trip 5: Dublin's Grey Church, Brick Church, a...
- Road Trip 4: Adele Theater in Eatonton, Georgia.
- Road Trip 3: Shady Dale City Hall and Providence B...
- Road Trip 2: Pink House Between Newborn and Shady ...
- Road Trip 1: Covington First Methodist's Open Stee...
- We Saw Savannah on Sunday with Sore Knees a Sip an...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)