Riddleville is a crossroads between Bartow and Sandersville where Highway 242 crosses 231.
I think it's "J Y Bryan & Sons 1917." It has one of those dogeared corner entrances I like so much, lot's of fine brick detailing too. The diagonal "honors" and "activates the corner by facing in. You'll find this in our best feeling corners.
Apart from the visual appeal the cut corner is a gift to the street. It lets you see around the corner a bit, makes you feel a bit safer.
We've seen these before.
Midville City Hall.
And were still seeing these. And it's a fine thing.
Kevin Gillespie's restaurant, Gunshow in Glenwood Park has a massive corner column in keeping with its bulky building. It's a good look.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- Road Trip 16: Riddleville Georgia's 1917 Corner Be...
- Road Trip 15: Tiny Bartow Georgia is Imagible, Leg...
- Road Trip 13: In the Middle of Midville Georgia
- Road Trip 12: We Missed Most of Millen Georgia but...
- Road Trip 11: Scarboro, Georgia's Perfect Terminat...
- Road Trip 10: Rocky Ford, Georgia
- Road Trip 9: Oliver, Georgia the Beautiful Speed T...
- Road Trip 8: Guyton Georgia the Beautiful
- Road Trip 7: Pulaski Georgia's Roadside Yellow Far...
- Road Trip 6: Everything's Better in Metter Georgia...
- Road Trip 5: Dublin's Grey Church, Brick Church, a...
- Road Trip 4: Adele Theater in Eatonton, Georgia.
- Road Trip 3: Shady Dale City Hall and Providence B...
- Road Trip 2: Pink House Between Newborn and Shady ...
- Road Trip 1: Covington First Methodist's Open Stee...
- We Saw Savannah on Sunday with Sore Knees a Sip an...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)