Thanksgiving was weeks away when the Charmglow lost it's igniter and the KitchenAid lost heat in the bottom oven. We hadn't priced this stuff since 1989.
Should we buy new appliances? Should we save money by buying a Mercedes and eating out from now on?
Our broken cookers were no match for our menu. What to do?
We invited everyone over for Thanksgiving and went to Howard Payne Company.
The knobs were getting skanky anyway.
We couldn't read the clock anymore.
They looked bigger in the yard.
The new Matag is a bit bigger. They had to route out the edges.
The KitchenAid was white, the Maytag is stainless. It's the law. It came with doors.
Both Maytag ovens are 2 inches taller and 2 inches wider than the bigger KitchenAid, thus happier Thanksgivings.
The range had downdraft venting so we got the Jenn-Air.
See? Hoods work better but we didn't design our kitchen that way.
Cooks have a great view in our kitchen.
The Jenn-Air has two daddy-burners, two mommy-burners, and a baby-burner, which means happy Thanksgivings.
This is the look we're going for.
Happy thanksgiving to you and all your loved ones.
Make sure to take a goofy group shot.
Make sure to smile.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Update on Crane Crunched House
- House Crunched by Crane Today in Morningside
- Browning Courthouse, Tucker, Georgia circa 1860
- Range and Oven kaput after 23 Happy Thanksgivings
- Jewel Box Lobby #3 the William-Oliver Building
- Jewel Box Lobby #2 the W.W. Orr Doctors Building
- Drunk Masonry and How to Compensate
- Jewel Box Lobby - Downtown Atlanta
- Hanging In: Hapeville's Stone Church After a Week ...
- The 13 pictures you are looking at today
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)