Is this most eye-catching building in the Old 4th Ward? It was love at first sight for me but I thought we'd never meet.
It's on Sampson Street two lots north of the Irwin Street Market, almost in sight of Studioplex, next door to MINT Gallery. But you can find it with your heart.
What a composition: Oversize green Quonset hut with Airstream. I'm not sure it's a bona fide Airstream or genuine Quonset hut but who cares. Tax records say it was built in 1950; it's my age.
I got a tip, got lucky. We architecture tourists make our own luck.
Yesterday just happened be the very first Old Fourth Ward Tour of Homes. One of the tour's home owners suggested I visit the hut because Mitch was always there.
Wow, it's even better on the inside. Mitch said, "yep."
It's a double.
5,022 square feet of burning love.
And you know what? The back is as pretty as the front.
The back door is smack on the BeltLine a stones throw from Kevin Rathbun Steak. If all goes well, this may become a million dollar view.
In the meantime you can enjoy the inside, enjoy the outside, and pick up your sticker.
And say hello to Mitch. He's got some crazy stuff in there so bring a few bucks.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Dana Fine Arts by Night
- Prince Hall was a man. Prince Hall Masonic Buildin...
- We want to live on Rainbow Row in the Old Fourth W...
- Steeplejacks do windows in Decatur
- We want to live in a Green Quonset Hut with a Cath...
- Rest in Peace "Mr. Imagination" R.I.P Gregory Warm...
- Two Atlanta Tours September 15-16: "O4W Tour" and ...
- Teardown Heartbreaker Pt. 2 - Floorplan and Before...
- This Teardown Should Break Some Hearts Pt. 1
- My Ponce City Market Tour Report
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)