So many tear-downs are complete. I'll show y'all the "afters" later.
Number 1: I don't know the age or square footage. I don't want to know, but nice lot at 0.26 acres. It was probably very likeable in it's day. It's on a street that is not flattering to its houses. Know what I mean?
I won't miss this at all. But the "after" isn't my favorite either.
A classic in neglected landscape.
The house to the left had already been done.
Number 2: 1948'er with 1,600+ square feet on about 1/4 acre.
It's on a little hill.
In context. The house on the right had already been done.
It's a poptop,
Number 3's replacement is the biggest and fanciest, I think. Acres 0.2066, year built 1947, living area 1,376 square feet.
Let's hope they saved Santa.
House 4 is an infill and must be the smallest new house in in-town Atlanta. Folks carved 0.0872 acre from an exiting lot and made it work, somehow.
This is the lot.
They chopped and dug.
This is a neighbor. The new infill plays well with this one. Most Atlanta architecture tourists know this charming one-block street.
I'll show the the afters later.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Good Bye 2,174 sf and Octagonal Window, Hello 8,54...
- Teardown 4 of 4, Infill where it REALLY Matters - ...
- Teardown 3 of 4, Can a 4-Square Go Anywhere?
- Teardown 2 of 4 Complete - Poptop on Johnson Estat...
- Teardown 1 of 4 Complete in Briar-Vista
- 4 Teardowns Done - the befores
- A Favorite Va-Hi Apartment - 1928 with Petty Porti...
- Join me in the piazza Aug 2? What if I throw in Gi...
- ▼ August (8)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)