"On October 8th (2011) at 6pm, EIGHT artists will fill FIVE vacant buildings along Edgewood Ave with work specific to each space. This exhibition will encompass a series of individual shows that are each challenging and poignant while simultaneously activating 5 vacant buildings along a street that needs a lifeline." - Dashboard Co-op's Ground Floor.
So the Architecture Tourist Art Patrol did a slow evening walk on Edgewood.
For most of my life here, Edgwood was an interesting area I just wanted to get through safely. It's on the way from downtown to Inman Park. now it's an emerging hip area retaining a bit of rough seediness.
The slow walk in the dark let us "see" a few things for the firs time, like this crinkle cut brickwork in light and shadow.
It's tighter than 90 degrees.
I'd guess this building is 80+ years old. The corner shows some wear and tear.
It's now home to U Space Gallery.
Here is Terrence E. Jackson @uspace, the U Space boss for 8 years.
This is one of Terrence's. I like it.
He's giving the ceiling a major "do" but he's not finished.
I may have more tales about Edgewood and Dashboard Co-op's Ground Floor. You should'a been there.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- Dinosaurs, Abe, Maya Kiva, Professorial, Classical...
- Here Tuesday gone Thursday, Teardown on Amsterdam
- An interior designer by defense, interview with Bo...
- Pretty Good Week: Old Music, Bobby, Lions, Squirre...
- Bobby's Big, Big Door and More at the Beacham Part...
- Asteria soundchecks Château de Germolles
- A room with Migraine lighting
- Brickwork with Pinking Shears - Walking Edgewood w...
- Eclectic 21 hours around Atlanta
- My Final Stop: North Avenue Presbyterian Church -...
- gloATL performs "Livers" at Flux 2011
- My 4th Stop: South-View Cemetery - APC Sacred Spac...
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (179)