Friday, August 26, 2011

Mac earns another medal, my bloggong partner for 10 years.

This week Mac was awarded a Pride of Australia Medal. You can read all about here.

This is McKenzie J. Gregory, Melbourne Australia. He's 89, a WW2 veteran, retired from the Royal Australian Navy, aide-de-camp to several Australian prime ministers. Now a naval historian Mac honors the sacrifices of Australia's naval forces mostly though his blog.

We met by chance on the web. We've been blogging together for 10 years on Ahoy - Mac's Web Log. Mac writes; I put it on the web. We've published more than a million words. It's been my privilege and honor.

We've never met though we've talked on the phone a couple times. None-the-less I regard him as family.

So I'm delighted that Mac is now on Youtube accepting and commenting on the award.



Congratulation Mac!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Terry, a whole new side I've never known about you. I will play the video post haste, I think it is fab how you lend a hand as you do, you are the best. Now - on to learn about your wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just viewed the video and perused his extensive site, good heavens what a lot of information and work has gone into this beautiful man's blog! Kudos to you for your assistance~ I think it is such an important site, historically, and helping others. I wish to go back and read a lot more on his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Further proof that friends and family come in many different forms. Thanks for remind us of that, Terry, and congratulations to Mr. Gregory.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive