The elite crew of the Architecture Tourist Sporting Society got up early to watch loved ones run Atlanta's Thanksgiving Half Marathon.
Of course we don't go anywhere without enjoying the built scenery, in this case the gate of Oakland Cemetery at Mile 11. It's an entry that's an exit.
This is rarely a lively place. But on this morning we had sweaty irony.
The runners turned tombstone corner.
The loved ones arrived, stumbled and headed for the finish to the tune of "Cowbell."
I'm pretty sure the spectators - Syd, Nick, Elizabeth, Katherine - enjoyed it just as much as the runners.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Peninsula Meets Pie - Design Meets Dessert
- Wonderful Christmas chaos at our place and it's ju...
- The Hop ended at Mint Gallery and celebrated the 3...
- More Gallery Hop at Castleberry Hill (and gallery ...
- Frosty, Frozen, Falls today at the Woodruff Park F...
- Artists Terri Dilling and Mark Leibert at Sandler ...
- Oragami by Nate Moore at Emily Amy
- We partied at Sterling Hall, a new mansion on Pace...
- Repairs for Chirstmas guests: My son the Master Ca...
- Bill Lowe Gallery, artist Tom Swanston, & the Peac...
- Demolition Heartbreaker in Virginia-Highland
- They Ran Around the Cemetery!
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2009 (179)