It's going to take me a week to blog last Friday night. I started at "Eclipse" curated by Maxwell Gallery's Mellanie Bugg featuring Ruth Franklin, Tracy Sharp, Michael West at Tracy Sharp's new studio on Highland Avenue.
Being color staved in these days of neutral, Ruth Franklin's dresses caught my eye first.
Here is Melanie Bugg, owner of Maxwell Gallery, with photographer/artist Michael West. Michael's encaustic trees seem to emit their own silver-gold light
Here is Tracy Sharp with her reddish head and a nude. Does the portrait have Tracy's smile? Almost. So few paintings smile these days.
I didn't meet Ruth Franklin but I couldn't resist her colors. They looked good enough to eat.
This yellow-blue-green pushed all my color buttons. I want to see this again in person.
Ms. Franklin must have happy technicolor dreams.
Maxwell Gallery is compact and comfortable.
Each gallery seems to have it's own kind of crowd.
Tracy's dress reflected into the street sign.
I managed a self-portrait. It that a white beret? I thought they were illegal after Labor Day.
There are a few more pictures if you'd like to see them.
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- gloATL's Magic "Hinterland" in Downtown Atlanta
- Happy Thanksgiving: The Pictures and Video
- Our Thanksgiving Menu 2010 and our greasy 2009 men...
- Whistling Angels & more at Mason Murer Fine Art
- Reception for Ruth Franklin, Tracy Sharp, & Michae...
- Brunch at the Lunching Pad - Kitsch, Function, Se...
- Beautiful Stair Reinforces My Architectural Optimi...
- Artist Tracy Sharp's opening reception November 12...
- Artists Helen Durant and Corrina Sephora Mensoff -...
- Jon Ciliberto Watercolors Soccer Dads at SWITCH Mo...
- Artist Kathryn Refi under the ceilings at Solomon ...
- Visit Solomon Projects Gallery on Monroe Drive - ...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2009 (179)