Town Brookhaven is a-building. It's a new urban, mixed use development on Peachtree Road by Sembler between the Brookhaven MARTA station and Oglethorpe University. It's in a wide open, level stretch of road, past the bustle of Buckhead and before the strip centers of Doraville.
They are building a most beautiful Costco there.
I'm guessing that all of structure will show. I hope so. I've never seen so much white steel.
It's big and sits in a typical big box parking lot. I hope the setting will improve as Town Brookhaven builds out.
The roof curves from end to end. It's light and full of air yet solidly on the ground.
I am not a natural shopper but if you can get me in the door, I'll just be happy admiring the filigree of the roof trusses.
The straightforward shapes of the loading dock makes the steel dance even more.
The beauty of this building is clear from early on. The builders enjoy it every day. That's rare. Many structures look terrible until the last details are complete.
Why install the light fixtures so early? Not a problem with me, they have a nice look.
Find out more about the original Crystal Palace.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Artist J.D. McGuire at Flux and Artist Trifecta Ga...
- Cloudy with a chance of dinner from Alon's
- Mourning the entablature, weeping for the 12 foot ...
- I walked the 4 Portman atria today
- The Mansions of Howard Street, Kirkwood, Atlanta
- Pictures from The Sartorialist's (Scott Schuman) v...
- Bloggers Geoff Manaugh, BLDGBLOG, and Nicola Twill...
- Atlanta hosts 3 world class bloggers - Wed 9-15 an...
- Terminus 100 - Skyscraper or Space Communication D...
- Problem with scale - my brain can't process this.
- Atlanta's Downtown First Thursdays ArtsWalk is not...
- Torn Down: Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin offic...
- Paris-based Remed does painting on 11-story Atlant...
- The Crystal Palace Costco at Town Brookhaven
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (179)