The restored Carnegie building will soon re-open as Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown.
The flatiron shaped Carnagie Building lost a bit of it's cornice during the tornado of March 14, 2008. You can see the vine decoration missing on the left side of the point. Architect G. Lloyd Preacher designed it as the Wynne-Claughton Building. They are converting this wonderful building into a hotel and fixing the tornado damage in the process.
Fixed and beautiful. If you are downtown, don't forget to look up.
Thanks to Perry who suggested a map:
View Larger Map
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Carnegie Cornice Completed.
- Kirkwood Firehouse Mosaic by Deanna Sirlin
- 1:45 slip though my fingers again and again
- Historical Concepts' work-live studio
- Quant la doulce jouvencelle - medieval letters and...
- Tiny modern house critiqued in a supurb video
- Bloggers meet, stroll, win in Castleberry Hill.
- Our 4th party births a baby, kind of...
- Happy 4th: biggest chair in Atlanta, flag food and...
- How to move from Home Park to Morningside?
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2009 (179)