I'm participating in Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to Susan!
Remember? Do you have an opinion on the paint colors?
Remember the tests? Even in person the eye plays tricks. You can't really know from tests.
The paint is up now. My pictures can't capture the color. The sun, the shade, the clouds, the time of day change everything.
It's coolish in some light. Less contrast between wall and trim than I expected. I'm happy with the contrast.
The panel sections are darker than the trim. They are knockouts!
This is the northeast corner, nearly always in the shade. The stone faces north. The walls have a greenish tinge in this light.
In overcast skys it's another color altogether and doesn't seem to pick up the stone.
The colors fade to shades of gray at twilight. The shades matter just as much. There must be some color theory about dusk.
So what is the BUT?
They've chosen another color and will repaint the walls.
Lighter, darker, warmer, cooler ??????
I'll let you know.
Thanks to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Arks of Barks from Barry Gregg Clayworks
- They've painted the tear-down BUT..
- Omar Richardson's Woodcuts at Wm Turner Gallery
- What are these 2 Atlanta plants?
- Teardown get it's paint and a new teardown tease
- We want to live in this playhouse
- Shutze house is "Full of Stars"
- Entrance Pictures from "Buckhead in Bloom" April 1...
- "Spem in alium" and Ely Cathedral: Oldies Architec...
- Inman Park's War Streets
- Architecture, stained glass, organ tour at Druid H...
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2009 (179)