Advice to artists and galleries: Don't give out your email address unless you intend to answer your email.
The Rail Arts District is in Avondale Estates, Georgia just east of Decatur. It's a group of galleries and workshops in a light industrial area. On Valentines day your host and my two architecture tourist daughters cruised the RAD.
We saw glass blowing at Duckbill Studios.
We saw pot throwing at Mudfire Pottery Studio. Their gallery featured witty, folksy work by Mudfire founder, Erik Haagensen.
Erik Haagensen on the right.
At Studio 2850 we ran into Jim Wakeman whom we'd met last year. If you have to be told who "Hoss" and Little Joe are, you might have trouble. Jim is on the left with your briefly bearded host.
Here is Jim Wakeman (left) and Zach Consorti founder Consorti Custom Concepts, LLC. Zack can make your art and your furniture.
These caught my eye at Bart Webb Studio. Well everything caught my eye there, not a gallery of serene abstract landscapes.
Gordo and Flacka are dead but I was feeling OK.
Here is Matt Armstrong at Little Tree Studios.
Music and art at Cutting Edge Gallery.
Two artists were working at Alcove Gallery.
Enjoyed the dog jumping through the flaming hoop.
Pretty good cruise.
We enjoyed the the 2009 RAD Studio Cruise too.
Here are all my photos:
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Top-C in Oldies Architecture and Music
- Teardown Paint Tests
- No Duck Pond Garden Tour this year
- Teardown Bones
- Renaissance music in a 21st Century Gothic Chapel ...
- Fay Gold shows in Atlanta's most extraordinary lof...
- Big Art in Castleberry Hill: Hense and "Blue Husky...
- Wow: New Basharat Gallery and collaboration with F...
- Update: Home explosion: The bulb in our Lightolier...
- Photographer Blogger Blayne Beacham shows at TULA
- Decatur City Hall
- What was going on today at the downtown Davison's?...
- I'm re-doing the front door. What would you do?
- Pinkest and Purplest Art Deco in Decatur
- Rail Arts District Studio Cruise 2010 - 300th post...
- 5 for last friday - Music, Planetarium, Galleries,...
- To do list for "Phoenix Flies" March 6 - 20 includ...
- Six Atlanta design bloggers lunch with blues titan...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (179)