I had a 3-for night on Friday. I started on Bennett Street with Blayne.
Atlanta's Blayne Beacham blogs at "This Photographer's Life (In Search of a Style)". She's a professional photographer for Beacham & Company. She does fine art photography as well.
Blayne is showing one of her photographs in Photographer's Choice 2010 which runs from March 12 though April 23 at the TULA Art Center. The Atlanta Photography Group selected about 50 artists, each artist selected one photograph for the show.
Here is Blayne's on the right: regatta tents for crews at Henley On Thames beneath a breathtaking sky.
The show opened last night to a very good crowd. It was shoulder to shoulder but polite near the complimentary food and wine.
My own gallery technique requires weaving and bobbing from distant to close range and back again. I had to watch my step.
How do you choose when you are competing with the some of the best in Atlanta? Except for Blayne's I can only remember 4: A dancer who's eyes seemed to follow me around the gallery. a yellow entry hall, Death Valley, and a round Manhattan Skyline made into a clock.
I suspect color catches more eyes than black and white. But the longer you look, the less it matters.
The best time to visit Blayne's work and the entire Photographer Choice show is during the First Thursday Art Stroll, 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. On April 1, 2010. It's an easy way to see a lot of art, free food and beverages too.
Blayne Beacham is on the right with Atlanta bloggers at Fatt Matts.
That's just part 1 of my Friday, more later on the Castleberry Hill Art Stroll featuring Hense and music and dance from "Your Head is Full of Stars" at Eyedrum.org
Here are all my pictures:
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Top-C in Oldies Architecture and Music
- Teardown Paint Tests
- No Duck Pond Garden Tour this year
- Teardown Bones
- Renaissance music in a 21st Century Gothic Chapel ...
- Fay Gold shows in Atlanta's most extraordinary lof...
- Big Art in Castleberry Hill: Hense and "Blue Husky...
- Wow: New Basharat Gallery and collaboration with F...
- Update: Home explosion: The bulb in our Lightolier...
- Photographer Blogger Blayne Beacham shows at TULA
- Decatur City Hall
- What was going on today at the downtown Davison's?...
- I'm re-doing the front door. What would you do?
- Pinkest and Purplest Art Deco in Decatur
- Rail Arts District Studio Cruise 2010 - 300th post...
- 5 for last friday - Music, Planetarium, Galleries,...
- To do list for "Phoenix Flies" March 6 - 20 includ...
- Six Atlanta design bloggers lunch with blues titan...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (179)