I'm participating in Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to Susan!
Well, they've put up most of the stone. Here is the look before the grout. The architect/builder, Bob DeFiore from Portico, told me they we going to use buff colored grout to lighten it up.
They added the grout. Here it is before it dried. Not very light.
Then it dried.
The next colossal change will be paint. Bob said the paint will be in tones that match the buff of the stone. The window muntons will be the bronze color you see in the pictures. the window and door trim and the panel - I don't know yet.
Stay tuned to Metamorphosis Monday.
Thanks to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
P.S. Here is the whole project so far:
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- The grout changed everything.
- Josephine and Elmira - Lady Streets of Candler Pa...
- Calder Loth's 2010 Shutze Award Notes
- Shutze's High Schools Part 1: Grady (1924)
- 2010 Shutze Award Winners for "Excellence in Tradi...
- Shutze's Peachtree Manor Apartments (1923)
- Best Shutze in small package: The Villa (ca 1920)
- Philip Shutze's Flagship Stores: Rich's and Daviso...
- C&S Bank Headquarters Renovation by Philip Shutze
- Shutze's Hidden Maternity Hospital at Crawford Lon...
- Academy of Medicine by Philip Trammell Shutze and ...
- Emory University Hospital by Philip Shutze
- The Steeple at Glenn UMC by Shutze
- Rich Memorial Building at Emory University by Phil...
- Shutze goes Greek at Emory
- Gate to Hell opens near mid-century modern in Atla...
- Shutze's Harris Hall at Emory University
- Haygood-Hopkins Gate at Emory by Philip Shutze
- Taste of Shutze at Emory
- The teardown starts rocking - big time
- Philip Shutze's remodeled Dwoskin office abandoned...
- Peachtree at Piedmont - Zen View
- This Shutze house has connections Jefferson, Askin...
- Shutze's sparkling brick at Grady High School
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2009 (179)