Scottdale Mills? Scottdale, Georgia? Agnes Scott College? Same family. When I'm in the area, I take a little drive around. It's only a few blocks. I am a gable guy and swoon at views like this. (There is a secret picture for garden bloggers Tara and Pam, will they notice?)
Scottdale is one of the Atlanta area's milltowns, preserved differently than those in Cabbagetown, The Old 4th Ward, and Home Park.
It's not in a "hip" area. These 2 are on a green, unlike any other in Atlanta, as far as I know. No hip shops or restaurants; no cool residents in sight (but they must surely be very cool). No tourists, no parking problems, no scene.
These 2 houses were built as duplexes. They didn't need these nice details. Notice the two chimneys, one for each apartment.
The modest chimney has looked great every day of it's life.
You see these hipped roof porches on period houses everywhere.
Faith Walk is the house with the fancy gable window.
I don't think the other house has a name but it's a beauty too. This is the secret picture for garden bloggers: Gravel and grass, know what I mean?
There are single family millhouses too, one in pink, or is it salmon?
You visit the Dekalb Farmers Market right? So drive a bit further out on Ponce. Find the antique stores in cute little houses, turn left and find the green. There you are.
View Larger Map
terry @ surf303.com
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Twisted columns
- Palmed and re-purposed in Va-Hi alley
- Fab 5 Design Blogs from the Atlantan Magazine
- Trompe l'oeil on a rug - Atlanta's biggest urn
- Modern Corner Beauty
- Scottdale Gables
- Pictures: Emily Amy, Kiang, Sandler Hudson, Westsi...
- Seriously Pink Door in Druid Hills
- Thornton Dial reception pictures
- Thornton Dial Reception Thursday, January 14, 6-9 ...
- Big Chrome Bird in Pine Hills
- My LR in HDR
- Teardown adds windows, siding, curves
- Atlanta bloggers meet Brad Heppner and...
- Window replacement big time
- What do you mash to make it do?
- Dated Tub?
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (179)