Monday, January 18, 2010
Pictures: Emily Amy, Kiang, Sandler Hudson, Westside Art Walk, 1-16-10
It's was a little drizzly this Saturday. JoAnn went the the movies with her girl buds. The football games didn't start until 4. Only a suffering Georgia Tech fan could watch them play Carolina in Chapel Hill.
What to do; what to do? - Westside Art Walk. If you want to get straight to it, click here for the Flickr full screen slideshow.
The Sandler Hudson Gallery folks were grabbing big paintings out of the racks, pulling off plastic and bubble wrap, showing art to clients.
Most gallery art just sits there. At Sandler Hudson it was a moving curation.
Paintings stacked on top of each other.
Clients and art walkers moved about to take in the work. I felt like someone was telling me secrets.
This was great fun.
Kiang Gallery featured Hoang Van Bui. He's on the right.
We'd seen Thornton Dial's works using clothing last Thursday. Here are Hoang Van Bui's blue jean pockets:
and a few of his prints.
made keep me looking. I want to see them close and far. "...post-graffiti, bio-morphic, automatic gesture..."
Not all the art is inside. Could this be anything but an Architecture Studio? It's the office of Menefee+Winer on Brady Street.
From a height and a distance you can see the 2 yellow ears:
Here is the slideshow with more pictures. It's better big.
terry @ Surf303.com
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Twisted columns
- Palmed and re-purposed in Va-Hi alley
- Fab 5 Design Blogs from the Atlantan Magazine
- Trompe l'oeil on a rug - Atlanta's biggest urn
- Modern Corner Beauty
- Scottdale Gables
- Pictures: Emily Amy, Kiang, Sandler Hudson, Westsi...
- Seriously Pink Door in Druid Hills
- Thornton Dial reception pictures
- Thornton Dial Reception Thursday, January 14, 6-9 ...
- Big Chrome Bird in Pine Hills
- My LR in HDR
- Teardown adds windows, siding, curves
- Atlanta bloggers meet Brad Heppner and...
- Window replacement big time
- What do you mash to make it do?
- Dated Tub?
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (178)