Our Christmas visit to the Michael C. Carlos Museum of Emory University left me with a bathtub memory. This Minoan tub is about 3500 years old.
It's a bit smaller than our modern tubs but no less beautiful and obviously build to last.
Historians believe such an ancient tub might have been used as a coffin - as a Larnax. It's portable, with 4 sturdy handles.
Have you seen anything like it in modern homes, anything more beautiful?
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- Twisted columns
- Palmed and re-purposed in Va-Hi alley
- Fab 5 Design Blogs from the Atlantan Magazine
- Trompe l'oeil on a rug - Atlanta's biggest urn
- Modern Corner Beauty
- Scottdale Gables
- Pictures: Emily Amy, Kiang, Sandler Hudson, Westsi...
- Seriously Pink Door in Druid Hills
- Thornton Dial reception pictures
- Thornton Dial Reception Thursday, January 14, 6-9 ...
- Big Chrome Bird in Pine Hills
- My LR in HDR
- Teardown adds windows, siding, curves
- Atlanta bloggers meet Brad Heppner and...
- Window replacement big time
- What do you mash to make it do?
- Dated Tub?
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (179)